About the Recipe
2 cups rolled oats
A handful of nuts (optional)
½ teaspoon cinnamon (or cardamom or ginger)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Allergens: Gluten free, lactose free. Nut free option.
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon (or other spices), nuts (if using) and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well
5. Pour the granola mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and flatten with the back of your spoon until you have an even single layer
6. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven, tossing the granola over half way through cooking. Remove from the oven when you see a golden colour begin to develop over your granola.
7. Let cool completely before handling. Store in an airtight container.