About the Recipe
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Mix in the egg and stir in the vanilla
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips
7. Drop heaped spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray, leaving enough room between each cookie
8. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
9. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes