About the Recipe
2 cups plain flour
½ tsp salt
1 cup chilled water
30 g butter, melted
¼ cup oil
1. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add water. Stir to combine.
2. Use your hands to bring dough together in the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth
3. Flatten the dough into a disc and cut into 8 equal portions
4. Shape each dough portion into a ball. Use a lightly floured rolling pin and roll out 1 portion of the dough to a 20 cm disc. (Or use your hands to flatten)
5. Cover the remaining dough with cling wrap. Brush the disc with butter and roll into a log to enclose the butter. Coil the log into a scroll shape and flatten into a disc
6. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the disc until 15-20cm in diameter
7. Repeat with the remaining dough portions.
8. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil
9. Cook roti for 2 minutes each side or until puffed and golden.