Sat, 11 Dec|
Collingwood Children's Farm
Propagating plants from cuttings
Children learn a new way of cultivating plants by propagating: making new plants by taking cuttings from a mother plant.
Time & Location
11 Dec 2021, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
Collingwood Children's Farm, 18 St Heliers St, Abbotsford VIC 3067, Australia
About the Event
Suitable for primary-aged children.
Propagating from cuttings is when we make new plants by taking cuttings from a mother plant, these plants will end up being identical to their parent. This is a cheap way of building strong plant stock for your garden, school fete or for children to learn new ways to cultivate plants.
· Learn what is propagating from cuttings and how does this differ from propagating from seed.
· Learn what soil type is suitable for plant propagating.
· Learn what types of plants are suitable for plant propagation.
· How to take cuttings from herbs and succulents in preparation for propagation.
· How to plant your cuttings to get the best results.
· How to make paper pots for your cuttings.
· Every participant will take home a potted-up cutting to care for.
- Ticket type