About the Recipe
Allergens: Contains wheat and dairy
1 cup warm water
⅓ cup oil
¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp active dry yeast
½ tsp salt
1 egg (beaten)
1 tbsp softened butter
3 to 4 cups all purpose flour
⅛ cup milk (room temperature)
1. Preheat oven to 200c
2. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup water, oil, sugar, and yeast. Let sit until yeast is bubbly (about 8 minutes).
3. Stir in beaten egg softened butter and salt.
4. Add flour, one cup at a time, and mix until you have a soft dough that isn’t sticky. Knead by hand 10 minutes or 5 minutes with a stand mixer.
5. Divide dough into 18 even pieces, and form into balls. Place in a greased pan and cover with baking paper and a kitchen towel.
6. Let rise 10 minutes in a warm place. (You can allow them to rise up to an additional 30 minutes if time allows).
7. Lightly brush with milk and bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes or just until browned.