Sat, 08 Jan|
Collingwood Children's Farm
Composting and worm farming for kids
Learn how to make compost lasagne! Create your worm farm and learn how to care for it.
Time & Location
08 Jan 2022, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Collingwood Children's Farm, 18 St Heliers St, Abbotsford VIC 3067, Australia
About the Event
Every home, work and school environment produce waste, and more than half the organic waste that cities produce go into landfill. Much of this waste can be composted producing valuable organic matter to improve the soil and provide nutrients for plant growth. This is a valuable informative workshop where participants will learn the basics of composting and worm farming and why it is so important to reduce the food waste that is going into landfill.
· Learn what is hot and cold composting, and which one would suit your school/home.
· How to make compost lasagna.
· The importance of getting the balance right with nitrogen and carbon.
· How to set up a worm farm.
· How to care for your worm farm.
· The do’s and don’ts of worm farming.
- Ticket type
Composting and worm farmingPrice$59.00